Who we are
Our website address is: http://GroupActive.com
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
GroupActive is committed to providing quality services to you and this policy outlines our ongoing obligations to you in respect of how we manage your Personal Information. The policy sets out how we collect, use, disclose and protect your information, as we understand this is important to you.
We have put in place measures to ensure that any personal information we collect from you will only be collected, stored, used and disclosed in accordance to this policy.
Any reference to GroupActive; ‘us’, ‘we’, and ‘our’ means the GroupActive P.O. Box 435, Veldi, NV 89439, USA.
In General. We receive and store any information you enter on our website or give us in any other way. This includes information that can identify you “personal information”), including your first and last name, date of birth, telephone number, postal and email addresses, medical and dietary requirements. We may also request information about your hotel room preferences and frequent flyer and car rental program information. You can choose not to provide information to us, but in general some information about you is required in order for you to book travel; complete a traveler profile; ask us a question; or initiate other transactions with us.
Travel Companion Information. When you make a reservation for someone else, we will request personal information and travel preferences about that individual. You should obtain the consent of other individuals prior to providing us with their personal information and travel preferences, as any access to view or change their information will be available only through you.
Information from Other Sources. We also may periodically obtain both personal and non-personal information about you from affiliated entities, business partners and other independent third-party sources and add it to our account information. Examples of information we may receive include: updated delivery and address information, purchase history, and demographic information.
Automatic Information. We automatically collect some information about your computer when you visit our webside. For example, we will collect your IP address, Web browser software (such as Firefox, Safari, or Internet Explorer), and referring website. We also may collect information about your online activity, such as trips viewed an bookings made. Our goals in collecting this automatic information include helping customize your user experience and inhibiting fraud. For more information, please see Cookies and other technologies below.
We use information about you for the following general purposes: to provide you with the products and services you request; to provide you with travel confirmation and updates; to manage your booking, including processing bills and providing travel notifications; to communicate with you in general; to respond to your questions and comments; to measure interest in and improve our products, services, and website; to notify you about special offers and products or services that may be of interest to you; to otherwise customize your experience in communicating with us; to solicit information from you, including through surveys; to resolve disputes, collect fees, or trouble shoot problems; to prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities; and as otherwise described to you at the point of collection.
Who we share your data with
We may share your information with the following entities:
- Suppliers, such as hotel, airline, car rental, and activity providers, who fulfill your travel reservations. We do not share your email address with these suppliers unless they need it to fulfill the travel reservation you have made with GroupActive, and we restrict their use of thise information to that purpose. We do not place limitations on our suppliers’ use or disclosure of your other personal information. Please note that these suppliers may also contact you as necessary to obtain additional information about you, facilitate your travel reseration, or respond to a review you may submit.
- Foreign governments, embassies, consulates or restricted areas. If traveling to a country for which you need a visitor entry visa or permit, we may assist you obtaining a visa invitation lettr or permit. This is particularly relevant for the Russian Federation. In such ase we are required to disclose your personal information including full name, date of birth, nationality and pass[prt details to our suppliers or foreign visa/permit authority, in order for them to issue your visa invitation letter.
- Business partners with whom we may jointly offer products or services, or whose products or services may be offered through us. You can tell when a third party is involved in a product or service you have requested because their name will appear, either alone or with ours. If you choose to access these optional services, we may share information about you, including your personal information, with those partners. Please note that we do not control the privacy practices of these third party partners.
- Referring websites. If you were referred to our website from another site (for example, through a link you clicked on another site that directed you to this one), we may share some information about you with tat referring website. We have not placed limitations on the referring websites use of your personal information and we encourage you to review the privacy policies of any website that referred you here.
We also may share your information
- To establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law, in such cases we reserve the right to raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us.
- When we believe it is appropriate to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal or suspected illegal activities; to protect and defend the rights, property, or safety of our company or this website, our customers, or others; and in connection with our Terms & Conditionas and other agreements.
Credit card security
- GroupActive does not process or store your credit card information through any of its systems.
- If any credit card information is collected by us for a manual transaction, such personal information is destroyed or de-identified when no longer needed.
How you can access your information.
You may access the Personal Information we hold about you and to update and/or correct it, subject to certain exceptions. If you wish to access your Personal Information, please contact us in writing.
GroupActive will not charge any fee for your access request, but may charge an administrative fee for providing a copy of your Personal Information.
In order to protect your Personal Information, we may require identification from you before releasing the requested information.
Your choices with respect to collection and use of your information
- As discussed above, you can choose not to provide us with any information, although it may be needed to book travel or to take advantage of certain features offered.
- You will be given the opportunity to unsubscribe from commercial emails in any such message that we send you. Please note that we reserve the right to send you other communications, including service announcements, administrative messages, and surveys relating either to your booking or inquiry without offering you the opportunity to opt out of receiving them.
- To help us recognize your browser as a previous visitor and save and remember any preferences that may have been set while your browser was visiting our site.
- To help us customize the content and advertisements provided to you onour website and on other sites across the Internet. For example, when you access a page on our website, a cookie is automatically set by us, our service providers, or our partners to recognize your browser as you navigate on the Internet and to present you with information and advertising based on your apparent interests.
- To help measure and research the effectiveness of website features and offerings, advertisements, and email communications (by determining which emails you open and act upon).
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
Our website is a general audience site and does not offer services directed to children. Should a child whom we know to be under 13 send personal information to us, we will use that information only to respond directly to that child to inform him or her that we must have parental consent before receiving his or her personal information.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
This Policy may change from time to time and is available on our website.